Monday 8 June 2015

They

This is my first free verse poem. And it's been a really long  time since I wrote a poem , it just lifted my spirits and reminded me that my life is definitely not tough. 

As they trudge across the rough terrains
We walk along the beach
Their feet bleed with the continuous change
Ours blend with the grains of sand
Every day we wake up knowing
What tomorrow holds
They prefer knowing nothing
As long as there is a future to know
They were one of us
Some thought changed their path
While we are chained to our someday dreams
They dream to never be apart
Saluted , respected and honoured
Their families beam with pride
While our trivial achievements
Receive a million likes
Unlike any other
They fight till the end
While we run from responsibility
They learn to shoulder it since then
I take pride
In knowing they are like no other
They stand ahead of us all firmly
Protecting us from the other
So while they train and train hard
All we can do is pray
Their future lies uncertain
We learn from each day.

Alamelu 


PS: Thanks for a glimpse into their world.

No comments:

Post a Comment